Noble Digital Concept

Subscribe For Noble Info updates!

We'll always deliver Noble Information to your Email address.

Saturday 13 February 2016

With A Pass Degree, He Could’t Make It In Nigeria (See How He Made It In US)

United states
I graduated with the least of grades “PASS” from one of the federal universities, not because i was a numskull but because i did not join the band wagon of the “sorters”. More so i was financially inept which resulted in missing some exams, but after 4 years the war was over. With my kind of grade the future was deem for me with no hope. I took some computer programming courses to add to my CV i thought it would be of help. Alas four years on no single interview, i was roaming the streets without hope

God finally answered my call and i travel to the united states for greener pastures, i enrolled for a six months IT course and after completion i received my first phone interview from one of the telecom company and later on skype interview. after three days i was called for a one on one interview at their corporate office. It was straight forward with three interviewers, they asked about my skills and what i could do , which i told them with great confidence. A system was brought in and i was asked to configure bla bla bla which i did. To my amazement none asked a question pertaining my degree what they where hammering on was on the job.
After completion i was given the job instantly to resume the following Monday with a well furnished office and a very good pay. Right Now i am the manager of my team of which i developed a standard software for the company that remains number one.
My point is why is Nigeria hell bent on class of degree rather what the individual has to offer.There are lots of talented 3rd class and pass job seekers out there if given a chance will perform far better. I think this is also one of the bane that is making the Nigerian economy a far cry, it hurts seeing the lower class graduates not given a chance. I weep for Nigeria. I recently sent my resume to one of the Nigerian job boards just to test if i will be contacted but no call as usual maybe because of my lower degree . Nigeria has a very long way to go, even the oyibos that taught us the system isn’t even using it its just so annoying.

For all those with a lower degree believe in yourself, a paper should not define your worth but rather look inward and surely you will conquer.

Noble Information
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment